Sermon On The Mount

"Life has no short cuts! "
On the contrary “Are there people who take the same roads multiple times in their life?”. People should learn from their mistakes. Not repeat it? I am talking about the journey of life… What do you say?"
This reminds of a story that I read from the talks of my Master- Read on-- Wordings are mine for I remember the outline of the story- For the correctness you may have to encounter the Master !!
A man upset with his life goes up the Hill to commit suicide. At that point of time when he wants to jump down from the hill, an old man with a beard appears and stops him and asks “Dear one what are you doing ?”.

This young man laments for all what he did during his life, how he could not succeed in many times, life full of failures- unable to live further and therefore, wants to commit suicide.

The old man says- "Dear one- Life is like that because you have ‘wanted’ it to be like that."
The young man argues – "No, given another life I would definitely live differently – All the failures that I encountered now I know how not to commit them and so I will over come them in that life !!

The old man says- "Boy, it would not be like that - In that life too you would end up at the same place. So forget about the past, live in the present go back home and lead a different life. What you cannot do in this life you cannot possibly do in another one !!"

The young man argues to the contrary tells I know all my failures now and given another life I would definitely not commit the same and stops at nothing less than committing suicide.
The old man then offers him – "Ok I will give you another life. Go and undo yourself !!"

The young man gets another life and starts growing. At every stage of his life an inner self warns him ‘Dear what you are doing is not right- you should do the other way’. At every corner of his life to him it appears he has know this situation earlier yet he ignores that call of the inner voice and commits the same mistakes/encounters the same failures and comes back and lands on the same hill at the same point of committing suicide.

Now,the old man appears again and stops him.

He asks the question- “Dear one what are you doing ?-I gave one more opportunity – But you are here again ?"

Now the young man realizes that the inner call which was guiding him was through out being there and he not heard that !"

Far East Square Team

No comments: